Wednesday 6 January 2016

Iron on safety...................

One morning (when Owen was sleeping in) I went in to check on him and found his head up his pillowcase.............whilst his pillow was also in the pillowcase!  Lucky his head was facing away from the pillow, so he could still breath. I'm sure I lost a few years off my life when I first spotted him. I was shocked as Owen is 8 and 1/2.  He can sit, he can crawl and he can pull a hat off , pull his glasses off or pull a towel away from his face but he still got himself into trouble.  That day I came up with a solution.  Sewing not being one of my favourite pastimes (nor am I that great at it)  I bought Iron-on Velcro and now they Velcro shut to stop it from happening again.



Secondly...........so when we are checking Owen's baby monitor, we can easily see what he is doing (you know when he is supposed to be sleeping but isn't)  we have ironed on  a strip of reflective tape to his sleep-suit style PJs.  Whilst he can't see the shininess it is like the light from a lighthouse to us. It occurred to me, it might also be worthwhile for those who have escapees to do this with their PJ's, just in case.  It would make it easier to find them but also for others out and about to also see them. 





You can buy both these products on e-bay (relatively cheaply). 


No comments:

Post a Comment