Monday 30 October 2017

More Special Need Travel bed Hacks

Further tent ideas for travel bed Hacks

Many of you would have seen my travel bed Hack for a travel bed for less than $80.  If not check out the link here:
Travel Bed Hack for less than $80


Given how much room (queens sized mattress) my travel bed takes up, I'm always on the look out for other options.  I've seen a few more tents that may be suitable and therefore have perked my interest.  Note I haven't actually tried these but don't let that stop you if you think it would be good for your child.   Here they are and what I like (and don't like) about them.  I would like to also point out I am not affiliated with any other these companies.

Here is an OZtrail Blitz 2 Mesh pop up tent  - I've seen them at tentworld but am sure you can get them elsewhere



LIKE- easy to pop-up, no poles to have to put together.  Would need a blow up double mattress or to be able to slide a single mattress in.  Other ideas is to sew on something to tie it to the underside of a mattress and have it on top of a bed.  Ranges in cost from $60 (on special) to $100.  Lightweight - only wieghts 1.5 kgs

DON'T LIKE - you get in at the end, not the side which makes access difficult.  Wouldn't be suitable for really rough kids

This  tent, I have no idea how I came across it but I did and felt compelled to share - costs more (around $200) - https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/adventure-kings-double-swag.html


\
LIKE- you get in at the side, comes with it's own mattress and it's not a blow up - double sized.  Looks sturdy (note I have not proven this). Has strong transport bag.

DON'T LIKE - Has poles,so would take longer to put together, heavy  (14.8kgs) and large to transport.  Not complete mesh


OZtrail Mozzie Dome 2 Tent - I've seen them at tentworld but am sure you can get them elsewhere



LIKE- you get in at the side, smaller than the one I use - you would need to add a blow-up mattress.  Has great internal height.  Reasonably priced - less than $100 on special, lightweight 1.9kgs

DON'T LIKE - Has poles,so would take longer to put together.  

Good luck and if you try any of these please comment on how you find them as it might help others.








No comments:

Post a Comment