Tuesday 4 October 2016

School lunch note

Owen is non verbal and needs assistance with eating.  He eats both orally and via his button.  He is still very much learning to eat so it is a balance between self feeding and being fed (as well as ensuring he gets adequate nutrition).  To make it easier for his teachers to know what to feed him (and when) and for me to know how much he has eaten, I have always put a note of sorts in his lunchbox.  My first offering was the laminated note (more on that in this link) but I have since come up with a better option.

I found a whiteboard notebook at Dasio for $2.80 and put labels on it.  Now I record what he needs to be offered and when.  There is even a spare page for any general notes like "serve hot".  Here are some photos:




Tip keep the page open for a few minutes after you write on it to allow the marker to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment