Monday 21 March 2016

A rocking horse on wheels???

I want Owen to want to get himself from A to B.  I want Owen to be able to get himself from A to B. I want Owen to think to himself "I want to go to my ballpit" and take himself there.

Here are the 
  • He can crawl, in is own little way, for small distances to toys he can see.
  • He knows where things are in the house as he will lead me to where he would like to play when we do assisted walking.
  • So he also knows what he likes to do (and what he doesn't)
  • He loves his Little Tikes rocking horse but he is getting too tall for it (not related to the above points but relevant)


My assumption is his crawling method is hard work, too hard for him to use it for any great distances. Walkers are too tiring and big at this stage (to use inside anyway).  A scooter board is too low and requires too much core strength for him to want to do it for any length of time.  Soooooooooooo this is the solution:




Ok, so it is a Scooter board like trolley I got from Bunnings for $29.00, Owen's Little Tikes Rocking horse, attached with a huge Physio strap I already had.  He can move backwards and forwards using his legs, turn around easily.  He loves it and has already started exploring a little.  The rocking horse does not rock and I have secured it very tightly.  It does move a little but Owen's sensory needs love that.



No comments:

Post a Comment